10 WTF Baby Shower Cakes For Moms With A Sense Of Humor
I personally think that the majority of baby showers are a touch too uptight and a smidge too boring. This is the new millennium, pregnant ladies! I’m all for shaking up the traditional baby shower brunch with crustless sandwiches and decaffeinated hot tea in favor of a coed shower, catered barbecue, and even a wickedly irreverent baby shower cake or weird baby shower cakes .
Of course, I am biased. My great friend who threw my baby shower went all out and ordered me a slutty Mrs. Clause pregnant belly cake for my first son’s baby shower, held in December. It was hilarious, well done, and a great conversation starter. All of the guests revealed to me that they felt uncomfortable cutting into the fake belly and eating delicious, delicious cake, but that didn’t stop them, now did it?
There are countless options if you want to think outside the box and freak your guests out with a strange baby shower cake. If you are an expectant mother with a sense of humor, these are for you:
1. I may have a soft spot for Cabbage Patch dolls, but I really like this baby-escaping-belly cake.
2. Subtle, cute, creepy, totally fits with weird baby shower cakes.
3. Screw the sonogram pic, the zebra bow is clearly the best touch.
4. Give this one an “A” for accuracy.
5. How about an “A++” for delivery room accuracy?
6. I would like to meet this cake arteest and shake her hand.
7. Let’s thank the little swimmer that made this all possible…
8. Seriously, what is a baby shower without paying homage to sperm?
9. I am so scared that I just CAN’T.
10. Just when things couldn’t get any creepier… I never thought that I would turn down cake.
— originally published Jul 31, 2014