1. "Mommy, you aren't eating your veggies!!"
When they notice that you aren't a fan of green beans while they are forced to choke them down, they start to get a little judgmental. Sorry, guys- I'm a grown-up and this is one of the tiny perks.
2. "Aren't you going to drink wine? Cause it's Saturday?"
Way to make me feel like a drunk, kids!
3. "HEY! You shouldn't call the other drivers names!"
It's hard to teach your kids kindness when other people truly are total assholes. I try to hold back but sometimes, things slip out. Sorry, little dudes!
4. "Oh..you don't want to read with me?"
Complete with the downcast eyes and defeated posture. God forbid I try to squeak out of one night of reading. Fine. Go get Curious George. I can't say no with this one.
5. "Why are you always on your phone?"
Firstly, I'm not. Secondly, who asked you??
6. "Watch this, mommy! HEY! Why aren't you watching?!"
If you don't have school-age kids, you cannot possibly understand how many times a day they ask you to watch them. Spacing out once shouldn't be a big deal but oh, do they bring on the guilt.
7. "You forgot to pack my snack!"
Once in a while, I forgot to pack their school snack and they never let me hear the end of it. Never mind their full lunch account and the fact that they can grab a snack there.
8. "Mommy, play with me."
For the record, I do play with them sometimes but sometimes is not enough, apparently. They guilt me for this daily.
9. "Why is the laundry all over the place?"
It might be all clean, but it's rarely all put away. My kids love to subtly rub this in my face as they scale Mt. Laundry in search of matching socks.
10. "Are you just gonna watch TV all day?"
Yup. Because you can play on your own now and I don't have to suffer through Thomas the Train. Anymore questions?
(Image: Cheryl Chase/Shutterstock)