12 WTF Pool Noodle Crafts That Are Totally Stupid
Over the weekend, I shared my slight obsession with seeing the things that people do with their pool noodles (if you know what I mean). Of course, once you start scrolling further and further down the pages of beautiful pool noodle crafts, you start to reach the people who also saw the earlier crafts, bought a big old buttload of pool noodles, and then, at the end of the summer, went, “oh, fuck, I better make something with all of these pool noodles real quick.”
These are their stories.
1. So first, you need to understand that people figured out they could make wreaths with these things. This started out reasonably enough, though I hate the idea of putting feet things anywhere but on the feet:
2. And then someone totally jumped the shark:
3. And wreaths were only the beginning! To make these “kid friendly” bees, you just need a serrated loaf knife to cut the noodle, electrical tape, and a hot glue gun.
Let’s not forget the home decor potential these babies have, just waiting for some crafty, crafty mofo like yourself to come along and unlock the magic of such handmade beauties as:
4. The pool noodle bouquet, for the mother you like…ish.
5. The pool noodle bolster pillow, just like a regular bolster pillow only less comfortable and actually just a pool noodle.
6. Maybe you’ll have some leftover by the end of summer so that you can make these pumpkins that you will have to always explain are pumpkins:
7. And let’s not forget about these fake cupcakes, complete with hot glued choke-able cherry.
Of course, the pool noodle is best used for summertime fun, so you can always head in that direction with such whimsical treats as:
8. A bean bag tic-tac-toe game that says, “eh, can’t really be arsed.”
9. This fun garrote/tripwire combo:
10. Or this pool bag with comically large handles:
And then we start heading straight into WTF territory:
11. I wish I could see the look on the Monseignor’s face when he blesses your pool noodle rosary. Take pictures! And pin them!
12. And my personal favorite, this horrifying magical unicorn:
On a completely unrelated note, I know exactly what I’m going to be for Halloween this year.