10 Signs Of A Bad Relationship, Courtesy Of Facebook
There is a rule of Facebook that is hard to deny. I love my husband, and sometimes I’ll say nice things about him on Facebook, if I’m feeling particularly generous. But I have noticed that the couples who spend the most time talking about or tagging or Instagramming their relationship have the most relationship problems.
Basically, the harder you sell it, the less we’re going to believe you.
It’s not my business what goes on in anyone else’s relationship, but when someone constantly boasts about the amazingness of their husband or boyfriend, I naturally begin to wonder if trouble is a-brewing. In general, I wish the best for all my friends and family. But in social media, as a bored work-at-home mom, I can’t help but to be curious—because I really have nothing else going on.
In most cases, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I would never legitimately spread rumors about the state of a couple’s relationship based on Facebook alone, but I will totally watch them crash and burn if they want to put on a public show for me.
You may want to keep an eye out if your friends exhibit any of these classic signs of a bad relationship on social media:
1. Tag your significant other when you are in the same house.
2. Communicate with your spouse exclusively through Facebook wall posts.
3. Post pictures of your dinner with the caption, “Look what hubs made me!”
4. Write a post that includes the words, “So in love right now.”
5. Liberally use hashtags that include #perfectman, #doesntgetanybetter, #fridaynight, and #datenight. Bonus points for #manofgod.
6. Hint to your significant other about wanting a new house, vacation, ring, or Mother’s Day gift on the Facebook newsfeed.
7. Repost a wedding picture every #tbt (Throwback Thursday).
8. Vaguebook the details of your last fight, with the Facebook emoticon “frustrated.”
9. Change your relationship status from “single” to “married” and back again, within the hour.
10. Check in at the courthouse and tag your significant other.