10 Baby Birth Announcements That Are Undeniably Creepy
Birth announcements are a great—albeit obvious—way to tell the world you gave birth. Since this isn’t the 1800s, the odds are that everyone and their mom already knows that you have a new bundle of joy after your grand Facebook announcement and play-by-play live tweeting. But an official birth announcement is a cute keepsake and will seal the deal.
You have birthed. You have made baby. You have produced a miracle that everyone must meet.
Birth announcements come in all shapes and sizes. Most that I have seen involve a wrinkly little newborn sleeping on a towel with an angelic glow cast about the photograph. I have to admit that I was very tempted to do a birth announcement after we had our kids, but I was very lazy. I also wanted to try a newborn photo shoot, but I never booked that either.
If I had done a birth announcement, there are several styles that I would have avoided. For starters, anything creepy is not advisable for a birth announcement that welcomes your new son or daughter into the world.
Use these weird examples as a guideline for what NOT to do, and you’ll be in the clear:
1. It took me a while to figure out what was going on because SUCH HANDS.
3. I’m going to put this one in the TMI Category…
5. These adorable twins look so adorable and earnest that it upsets me.
6. To me this photo screams, ABANDONED BABY, and I don’t like it one bit.
7. Please, please don’t ever try this at home or in a professional photo shoot.
8. The baby-in-the-bag idea looked better on paper.
9. Perfect for Team Green waiting to find out the gender.
10. If you haven’t booked that birth announcement yet, it’s never too late. (Sweet aside: This birth announcement was made for a 13-year-old adopted son.)
For cool birth announcements you can actually use, click here!