Corinne Olympios Issued A Statement About The ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Allegations
On Monday, production was stopped on Bachelor in Paradise — a reality TV spin-off of the The Bachelor and The Bachelorette where former Bachelor contestants live together at a high-end resort in Sayulita, Mexico, for another romantic competition — and the cast was sent home as Warner Bros. said it would be investigating “misconduct.” Now TMZ reports that Bachelor in Paradise and former Bachelor contestant Corinne Olympios has hired a lawyer and issued a statement about the alleged incident at the center of the investigation.
According to Refinery 29, Olympios and fellow castmember DeMario Jackson allegedly were very, very drunk and went to the pool on the evening of the first day of shooting and the situation got extremely sexual very quickly. Allegedly they did not actually have sex, but the scene was described as “soft core porn.” A producer on the show who either witnessed the incident or saw footage of it allegedly reported it to her supervisors the next day. That complaint, and allegedly another one from a separate producer, sparked the investigation which led to Warner Bros. shutting down production on the show and sending all the cast home.
Now Olympios has hired a lawyer and issued a statement about the incident in which she says that she really doesn’t remember anything about that night because of how intoxicated she was.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” she told TMZ. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. … As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
After Olympios’ statement, Jackson issued one of his own through his publicist.
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” he said in a statement, according to E! “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
The investigation is ongoing, and there will be more information as it proceeds.
(Image: Photo / ABC)