Breastfeeding takes up a lot of time. Like … a lot. Just sitting around, feeding a baby, only able to use one hand. There are a lot of ways to pass the time during marathon nursing sessions. You could watch TV, read, get some one-handed work done. Or, you could scroll through these hilarious breastfeeding memes and try to keep from laughing your kid right off your boob.
1. Breastfeeding memes are really funny, and a little too real.
Listen, what else are we supposed to do?! WE ONLY HAVE ONE HAND FOR HOURS A DAY.
2. Unclamp the nip, baby, and no one gets hurt.
3. Save yourself a trip.
4. Purse? Check. Laptop? Check. Keys? Check. 19384850 pump parts? Check!
5. Why do they even have nipples? I mean honestly.
We know plenty of partners who are incredibly supportive during the breastfeeding years, but it still doesn’t mean that we don’t hate them and their stupid useless nipples every time the baby wakes up at 3 a.m.
6. Babies can be surprisingly possessive of their boobs.
7. Please, don’t let it floooooooooow!
8. Cluster feeding can make you feel like you’ve lost your mind.
9. Listen, that stuff is fucking MAGICAL.
Just squirt it on everything, it’ll help. Rash? Put some breast milk on it. Goopy eye? Squirt some breast milk right in there. Baby acne? Breast milk!
10. Can you feel the burning?
11. Are nipples detachable? Asking for a friend.
12. If it gots nips, I sips!
13. People seriously overestimate how much nursing mamas care about their comfort level.
14. Expectation versus reality can be pretty eye-opening.
I’d like to think we do a little bit of all of that, to be honest. But mostly the last one.
15. Boobs on legs! That pretty much sums it up.
That will change, eventually. But right now, you’re boobs on legs, and that it perfect.
What are some of your favorite breastfeeding memes? Let’s see them!
(Image: iStock / Ghislain & Marie David de Lossy)