Mom’s Hilarious Note To Babysitter Outlining Her ‘Rules’ Captivates The Internet
Choosing a babysitter can be tough. You want to find someone who is reliable and trustworthy and good with your kids. Maybe you run a background check on them, maybe you find out if they’re CPR certified. I’m actually in the midst of finding a regular sitter for my own kiddo, so I definitely know the struggles. But you know what? You also might want to pick someone with a good sense of humor. And how do we do that? Well, how about leaving some pretty off-the-wall messages to your sitter? And if yours is as funny as this one mom’s hilarious note to her babysitter, you, too, may go viral.
Originally posted by Twitter user @malikbrazile (who has since taken it down), the tweet shows a note one mom left for the user’s girlfriend (who happens to be a babysitter). The note isn’t filled with your typical parent-to-sitter advice, though. No rules about bedtime and no visitors and minimal screen time.
This mom keeps it real. Maybe a bit sarcastic, but definitely all kinds of funny.
Before the note was removed, someecards was able to write down what it said and it’s so funny, because it’s so honest.
Rules & Tips
1) I encourage the kids to watch as much TV as possible, so they will leave me the hell alone. Feel free to do the same.
2) Don’t waste your valuable time cooking or providing healthy snacks. Just give them the pizza and snacks I leave.
3) They do still breastfeed on demand. Just download a video on YouTube. It’s not hard or I would not do it.
4) Do not take any kittens/candy/puppies from *****. Or take a ride in his van.
5) If any of my neighbors come to the door, treat them like Jehovah’s Witnesses. Don’t lend them any eggs/milk/cigarettes. They know where the store is. And no, you don’t want to babysit for them.
6) Let the kids have as much sugar as they want, as long as they will go away. They take pills to sleep anyway.
7) If you have any boys over just make sure they have an uncle/dad/brother/friend that I can call later.
8) Don’t answer the house phone unless you feel like paying bills.
9) If you look through my drawers, please throw away any overdue bills and gum wrappers.
10) Do not believe ANYTHING the kids tell you.
Let’s hope this sitter didn’t take the note too seriously. It’s pretty amusing overall, though.