10 Totally Over The Top Mommy Manicures
I used to get my nails did. Back when I was knocked up with my eldest getting my nails done was one of the only times I could feel like an actual human and not just a giant incubator for my baby. Even though I waddled into the nail salon and my hair was usually fashioned with a scrunchie it made me feel good about myself.
Until after he was born and I attempted changing a particularly fruitful diaper with a set of long acrylics.
I no longer wear acrylic nails. I don’t have time to get them filled and I usually end breaking one before my next appointment. Now I get the occasional gel manicure even though it may be bad for my health. But back in the day I loved me some fake nails, especially when I had a single nail bedazzled up with my initial.
Some moms out there haven’t given up have long, bejeweled talons, including moms who are pregnant and using their nails to show off this little fact. Here are 10 Mommy Manicures that I never even once considered rocking while I was knocked up.
1.Baby Shower Nails
2. Super Fancy Baby Shower Nails
These are ridic. I don’t think you could actually DIY these, especially because when you’re knocked up you usually feel like taking a nap every hour.
3. I’m pretty sure it’s a girl nails
That’s one way to announce the gender of your baby.
4. Or, a boy..
5. My baby’s gender is none of your biz nails
6. Matching the shower invite
7. Matching the decor
8. With the actual ultrasound image
9. With a little plastic baby
10. And hopefully with your BFF following you around because there is no way you are going to be able to pull down your maternity jeans when you need to pee