Halloween can be a time of serious insecurity for parents. On the one hand, it's easy to grab a costume off the shelf, and on the other, no parent who actually loves their child does that, right? So you have no choice, when you think about it, than to hit up Pinterest and ogle DIY Halloween costumes that the parents who do love their children end up making. I don't know how they do it, but I suspect that methamphetamines are involved.
Now, after all of that ogling you may be tempted to try and construct some of these beauties for yourself, which I am going to strongly advise against because you will never, ever be able to pull these things off:
1. Any stroller costume. What's a stroller costume? Just one more thing you can't do because you don't love your baby enough, that's what.
2. Really, any stroller costume at all.
4. While we're at it, you might as well accept that you will never make this Transformers costume.
5. Or this Elsa one. If you have any hopes of getting any Elsa costume at all, you should really just let that go completely.
6. The parent who made this Edward Scissorhands costume is awesome. But you are not they. So stahp.
7. That same awesome parent made this Queen of Hearts costume, another thing you'll never pull off.
8. This steampunk dress looks simple, but I can promise you it would end in tears.
9. You will make one or two porcupine spines before deciding your child can just go as a bear.
10. The sewing machine gnomes would never allow you to complete this amazing Venetian sun girl costume.
11. I'm assuming that to complete this dalek costume you would have needed to start sometime last January.
12. Speaking of Doctor Who costumes that you'll never pull off, you might as well add this Tardis baby wrap costume to the list.
13. This Hannibal Lecter costume isn't that elaborate, but the real challenge is getting your child to stay still long enough so you can restrain them.