Actress Nikki Reed and her husband, actor Ian Somerhalder, just welcomed their first baby! The little girl, named Bodhi Soleil, came into the world on July 25th. Awwww, congrats. The couple planned a very interesting way to bond with their baby — by promising a “month of silence.”
The latest issue of FitPregnancy and Baby has a pregnant Reed gracing the cover. In addition to talking about how much she’s loved being pregnant, Reed went in-depth about their plans for the first month after the baby is born.
“We’ll take the baby’s first month for ourselves,” she explained.
“After the baby arrives, we’re doing one month of silence. Just the three of us, no visitors, and we’re turning off our phones too, so there’s no expectation for us to communicate.”
Reed elaborated by saying, “Otherwise, every five minutes it would be, ‘How are you feeling? Can we have a picture?’ You don’t get those first 30 days back, and we want to be fully present.”
Okay, I get it, but I have questions.
1. Does this mean everyone is banned from visiting the baby, including family?
2. Do you understand how hard the first month of a baby’s life can be?
3. Do you know how freaking awesome it is to hand a baby to a grandma/uncle/etc and GET SOME SLEEP?
I’m very curious to hear how the first two weeks of the Month of Silence has gone! I personally loved it when my friends and family visited my babies, but I can see the appeal of just nesting for a while.
Would you have a month of silence?
- Serena Williams Asked Twitter for Pregnancy Advice, and Everyone Was Actually Sweet and Helpful
- Baby Born ‘Pregnant’ With Own Twin Astonishes Doctors With His Rare Medical Condition
- Mom’s Funny Pregnancy Announcement Goes Out to All the Cursing Moms
Image: Instagram / @iansomerhalder