The simple act of procreation doesnâ€™t warrant a gift in and of itself. But if youâ€™ve ever been pregnant, you know how trying it can be at times with an end that never seems to be in sight. Pregnant women donâ€™t deserve a pity party because they are willing participants in the process, but sometimes, itâ€™s easy for a pregnant lady to get lost in the baby shower shuffle.
If you have a friend or relative who is pregnant, I can promise you with absolute certainty that she would be elated if you gave her a small token to show you are thinking of her in the third trimester. Of course, you can give a pregnant woman a gift any time you please, or you can choose not to give her a gift at all, and sheâ€™ll never be the wiser.
But for many women, myself included, the third trimester is a doozy. A little gift or a sweet Facebook message will make her day and temporarily distract her from the uncontrollable sweating, heartburn, and lower back pain.
So what does a pregnant lady really need to make her feel special in those last few months? Many times, the perfect gift for a pregnant woman is perfectly simple. Here are 12 great gift ideas to see a pregnant woman through to the finish line:
1. Massage: For any length, on any location, by any professional person.
2. Home Massager: If a professional massage is too expensive, put her spouse to work.
3. Free Babysitting: For even an hour, no strings attached!
4. Yoga Pants: The comfortable pre- and post-pregnancy gift that keeps on giving.
5. Good Book: To be beat boredom at the hospital.
6. Chocolate: One of the only â€śsafeâ€ť pregnancy indulgences.
7. Bath Bomb: Soak that aching back while enjoying delicious chocolate.
8. Home-Cooked Meal: Who wants to spend time in a hot kitchen while pregnant?
9. Pregnancy Pillow: Practical and necessary to get any sleep in the third trimester.
10. Adorable Maternity Dress: Just make sure you know her size to avoid any hurt feelings!
11. Makeup: Because pregnancy glow is a myth.
12. Game of Thrones DVD Set: To beat the boredom of waiting after the due date has passed.