I’m all for doing anything and everything in a crock pot. I’ve posted some weird crock pot concoctions in weeks past, including but not limited to a chocolate dessert made with Dr. Pepper. This is pretty much as white trash as it gets, and I can say that because I live in Texas, and my white trash roots run deep.
Then there is the other side of the coin. I’ve recently started a clean eating diet for my toddler with zero gluten, dairy, and sugar to help control his allergies, eczema, and asthma. If anyone was wondering how it was going trying to stuff quinoa down the gullet of a two-year-old, the answer is GREAT—and I am not being sarcastic.
I think my son is just young enough where he still has no idea what’s going on. He’s happily eating quinoa balls and quinoa pie and quinoa scramble, and his skin is actually clearing up! I can’t even tell you what a relief this is. We have been trying every natural and medical remedy under the sun to clear up his eczema and allergies for two whole years. Finally, we’re getting some traction.
I thought it was about time that I merged the best of both worlds: the lazy slow cooker and the clean eating trend. Surprisingly enough, there are plenty of clean eating slow cooker recipes available if you want to try your hand at healthy fare for your family. Hopefully, they’ll be nicer than my toddler normally is and refrain from throwing organic food on the floor.
As always, these clean eating meals are hella easy to put together. Don’t forget to share your own recipes in the comment section below!
1. Crock Pot Chicken Tacos: Clean eating? Crock pot? Chicken? Tacos? Just stop talking already and put it in my face!
2. Crock Pot Turkey Breast: Super simple, super yummy, super clean. Also, if you hate home-roasted turkey, you have no soul.
3. Crock Pot Curried Millet: Millet is basically quinoa’s BFF in the clean eating world. I’ve made dozens of variations of millet to satisfy my picky toddler, and I can guarantee that your family will enjoy this flavorful soup.
4. Crock Pot Orange Chicken: I love me some shitty takeout orange chicken on a Friday night, eating on a TV tray whilst watching American Idol on DVR with my husband. #datenighttothemax This clean eating take on orange chicken might just satisfy me every other night of the week.
5. Crock Pot Beef And Broccoli: This delicious twist on a favorite Chinese dish uses Tamari instead of soy sauce to stick with the clean eating theme. It also causes me to use ridiculous puns, like, “See ya Tamari!” which upsets my family to no end. #sorrynotsorry