I’m not sure if some anti-vax online communities have Google alerts turned on or what, but sometimes a few anti-vaxxers will descend on a story about vaccines and take over the comments section with nonsense and factz™. Sometimes they just respectfully disagree – but usually they spew a bunch of vitriol and nonsense. Here are a few of the latter examples, illustrated with the faces you’ll be making after you read them.
1. Vaccines cause disease, will quote creator of vaccine now.
I love, love, love anti-vaxxers who quote Jonas Salk. They always neglect to mention that he created the first successful inactive Polio vaccine. So, the originator of the killed-virus vaccine that we use today, is the default spokesperson for the anti-vax movement. That makes sense.
2. Science is flawed. Blah, blah, blah.
3. Enter the autism argument.
4. You’re poisoning your child.
6. Vaccines don’t protect you against disease.
7. Oh, look! The autism argument again.
8. Most outbreaks are started by the vaccinated population.
9. You are all brainwashed puppets!
10. If you don’t travel to third world countries, you’re fine.
11. Most doctors don’t vaccinate their children.
12. It’s a personal decision.