Christmas is behind us, the new year is around the corner, and we’re all thinking about the resolutions we’ll be making this year, right? I don’t make resolutions because I hate to fail. Maybe my resolution should be to not make resolutions – or to embrace failure – or both.
I love being a mom – I’m sure you do, too. There’s always someone that loves it a little more Â than us though – as evidenced by these tweets. What better way to show the world you love parenting than by constructing various hashtags to prove your point; #ilovebeingamom, #beingamomisthebest, #lovebeingamom – the list goes on. Just in case you needed some inspiration, I put together a little list of resolutions inspired by women who love being mothers!
1. I resolve to continue being a crappy friend.
Because the only way you can be a good mom is by sucking at friendship.
2. I resolve to fully embrace the paranoid insomnia motherhood brings.
I’ve done this.
3. I resolve to completely forget I had a life before kids.
What did I do for entertainment pre-kids? A lot.
4. I resolve to workout and also watch my kids sleep.
If I had to choose between these two options – I go for the sleeping one, too.
5. I resolve to make my child so dependent on me i’ll have to be his roommate forever.
Good luck, future girlfriends!
6. I resolve to lower my expectations.
Okay – I’m mean.
7. I resolve to forget the definition of fun.
The only thing I hate more than these poorly spelled cyber-guilt chain letters is the pressure to share them.
8. I resolve to reproduce for all eternity.