While there are usually 10 essential reasons your toddler won’t go to sleep, there are, of course, the branch offs. A toddler who is evading exhaustion will find a world of excuses for why he or she can’t go to bed on their own. It’s amazing what will suddenly become a priority at 8:00 p.m. after teeth are brushed.
1. Because this pillow is a spaceship, mommy
(photo: Lara Lootles)
2. Because all these blocks suddenly need to go in here
3. Because I need to finish counting these cheerios
4. Because I want to sleep here tonight
5. Because I need to wash this. Right now.
6. Because this is what’s happening right now
(photo: Josh Hartman)
7. Because I stole your hair brush
8. Because I’m being Buzz Lightyear right now
9. Because my “doggy” needs to be fed
(photo: Rob, Joyce, Alex & Nova)
10. Because it’s raining